Depression- My story, the other side of me



                                                    Image source: google

Hey! Guys today I am writing on a topic , I am sure most of you must have dealt with too.Well! I am a little nervous to scribble down everything publicly. I am sitting on my bed right now and I have gathered all the courage to pen down what I had dealt with and am dealing with because today is the day.I am writing about my experience with severe anxiety and depression.

Now some of you might be feeling like .Er!! Letme just get out of this page, or might feel me talking
gibberish .I donot expect everyone reading this to understand what I am talking about.But yes, I hope I can help some by sharing my experience and journey.

What is Depression?

Well I don’t think there is an answer to this question. It might be all different issues for different people , the cause might be different.Every stories differ.But for sure everyone have gone through the same feeling,the feeling of numbness, the constant feeling of guilt, loneliness,loss of interest in activities,hopelessness etc. etc.

I have been through all these too.It just devoured my soul,at times all I felt was some gut wrenching loneliness and constant anxiety. I feared staying alone, the moment I was left alone I could feel the demons inside me taking lead.At one point I would feel completely low and at another point I am a different human being again. It felt like I had these different personalities inside me.At times I could be laughing and enjoying with my friends while back inside my head, all I would be wanting is to curl on my bed and cry my heart out.I wanted everyone to know what I have been going through but maybe my words weren’t enough.There were times I knew I needed help but that would make me a burden right. Most of the times I had no motivation as all I could see was a blank future.I wasn’t sad but the feeling was of loneliness that I couldn’t be loved and worst of all that I couldn’t be understood.
There were times when I wanted to harm myself( tried harming myself), would cry in the middle of a conversation, lock myself up .
Depression, it’s cause might be one or multiple, might be failed love, rejection,loss of someone close whatever, it might be different and show differently to everyone.But the impact it lays down on a person can hamper his/her whole life.

At the moment I am stronger ,I am proud of myself to have fought my way out .Yes I have gone through medications and I am grateful to my friends for helping me out in that. I am a stronger human being now and more focused than before.The therapies and medications have shown positive effects.So I would love to share some my methods in dealing with depression.

How to deal with Depression:
    
    1) keep yourself surrounded with friends, family or loved ones, people whom you trust.Your mind might want to stay alone but trust me it helps.

    2) keep away from negativity, be it people or any alien or whatever, cut off from people who make you feel low. You don’t want that negativity pal.

   3) Get a pet, it needs all your love and attention ( I got mine) this way you will have a best friend and the little being will have a family. 

 4) Do things that make you happy, for example I blog and sometimes play the guitar.

5) Exercise or Yoga, well there are lots of stress relieving exercises and yoga poses, just search google or YouTube some.

6) Counseling: Don’t hesitate to discuss about this . Open up in front of your best friend if not your parents. Also don’t hesitate to visit a psychiatrist, they are experts and will definitely help you out.

7)Early to bed and early to rise ! Also eat healthy.( you can have cheat days though)

And lastly I would like to give a piece of advice to all those of you struggling with depression and anxiety, you are not alone, there are people who have been experiencing the same and have come out to the other side.You might be having a tough time now but trust me you too can get there.
Don’t feel guilty for feeling the way you feel. Depression is an illness like any other illness ,you just need to cure it.And remember only you can lift yourself out of it, it’s just you and no one else so just believe in yourself .

Love Dermi.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indo western vibes

HEALTHY HAIR KA VAADA ft HIMALAYA

ABOUT ME